PAINT: What exactly is "Urethane with Integrated Clear

gmrulz4u

I'm trying to determine what the difference would be between Base/Clear and Urethane with Integrated Clear?

Here's where I'm going to go to get my car painted(as soon as the snow goes away):

http://paintmaster.ca/

If you look at the pricing:

http://paintmaster.ca/pricing.htm

You can see there's a $300 difference between the two...

For those that HAVE had your car painted, which method did you use?

Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated:)

THANKS!

I have that paint on my CS that was repainted in May. That paint you cant wash your car and wax it for 30days after you get it painted, and it doesnt look bad but closely it looks like a orange skin its not smooth. And it gets scratched very easly, all i am trying to say here its not as good as more expensive paint and you will see a difference. I painted my car in Maaco and i cant say they did a bad job but i prepared it myself including putting a primer on it and removing all the moldings and if you go to that place i advise you do same since those cheap places go over moldings and if you dont prepare it they wont do it and will look bad if you have any paint chipping and rust, they just go over that.

there are two types of clear coat the clear coat that goes on the top of the paint is the kind that peels like on mid 90s fords and the intergated is the clear coat is in the paint. my car is the integrated and it looks good

actually the clear coat that goes on separately, when good clear paint (which is what clearcoat is) is used, is far superior to integrated. also, you can wetsand and buff 2 stage much easier for the ultimate results.

-Tom

Im doing a lot of research since I'll be painting my car in april. THe Urethane paint is supposed to be a very hard finish that you can wetsand etc but cheap, quickie jobs never work like that. A true urethane finish needs special prep of the metal, and special primer to make it glass finish. I'm doing the base coat acrylic enamel with clearcoat that can be wetsanded etc