quick audio question

SmoothSteve3

So I'm considering adding speakers to both my front and rear doors. In conjuction with the stock speakers in the dash, would this make the overall sound crappy? Or would it be an improvement? I've hear some people say that it "divides" the sound when you have both door and dash speakers....but what do you guys think?

there are plenty of cars out there with factory speakers in both the dash and the front doors. Putting speakers in the front doors are good because you can usually fit larger ones in there. I'd put some quality speakers in the doors and replace the stock ones in the dash. But use a frequency blocker on the dash speakers to keep the bass out. If you got larger speakers in your doors it's gonna be better to use those for your bass than your puny dash speakers.

my orginal dash speakers were shot when i got the car

i bought some 4x6 speakers from a 99 GMC for 5 bucks

still sound great

just be warned...too much bass in the front doors and they'll rattle real bad...i had a honda and nissan with door speakers and all you heard was rattling when you cranked it up

I would replace both the dash and door speakers. If you choose the right speakers, the sound quality will be excellent.

Just FYI, when it comes to sound quality, you want the high's to sound as if there coming at you from the front and sides, and the bass to back it up from the rear. Do not focus as much on the 6x9's as you should dash speakers. Dash speakers (and more importantly speakers in the A-pillars and that general area) are the most important when it comes to the high notes. Speakers back are of less importance, until it comes to the speaker(s) you choose for the trunk(if any).