Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks

disable automatic power door locks?

You don't have to cut any wires, just unplug the inline connector. Nothing else needs that connection except the turn signal left on reminder which I'm sure most people don't really need.

Quote Originally Posted by stevezasycho
    Anyone that pulled their Auto ock/Unlock boxes out that still has them? I want this feature like a mofo, lmao
    If your serious and you want it, it is also the box for keyless entry/remote trunk popper...

I still have mine somewhere. I have no idea if it works, since I didn't get a remote with it. I didn't bother to buy one because my school campus has issues with break-ins and vandelism so I wanted an alarm system that makes the remote beep when it's set off. When my boyfriend bought his car his remote would unlock his doors but wouldn't disable his factory security system, and when looking thru his owners manual we noticed his remote didn't look the same as the one in his book. Instead it was the remote that was shown in my book. So now we have a remote that goes to the keyless box, but it's too much work to hook the box back up to see if it works or not. Mine is a 93 though, so it locks when put in drive but does not unlock, unless you skip hooking up that wire. I do think the box works, since the power locks, auto locks, and trunk popper worked with the box in and all of those things have wiring running into the box. When I took the box out none of them worked until I rewired them.

Since I can't say 100% for sure the box works I will give it to you for the whatever it costs for me to send it to you (padded envelope & shipping). I think I have the wiring harness for it too, but I have to look. I do have wiring diagrams in my Haynes book I can scan and email to you. If you want the remote I can ask my boyfriend how much he wants to sell it for, since he knows it does work. I'm guessing he will probably want what he paid to get the right one for his car, which he got on ebay (I think it was like $10). He is at work right now, so I can't ask him, but he will be home in about 2 hours. Let me know if your serious & what you decide if you are, so I don't have to go digging thru my boxes of extra parts if there is no reason to.
    "If you tell me it can't be done, I will find a way to to prove you wrong." - Me
    <br />

You have a PM Maam

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 221,xxx 3.5L TwinCam LX5|Back in an Olds. And it feels so goooood..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MommyTaz022200
    Anyone that pulled their Auto ock/Unlock boxes out that still has them? I want this feature like a mofo, lmao
    If your serious and you want it, it is also the box for keyless entry/remote trunk popper...
    Actually, that's not correct. Auto lock/unlock is controlled by the chime module in the circuit breaker electrical center under the passenger side dash (or next to the steering column under the cluster on some 94+ GP's).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 903 Posts

yep i took the same rout in disableing mine, just unpluged the harnas under the dash off the chime box, best modification i ever did
    -Chris D. - Your Community Manager

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 3.4L TDC v6 Getrag 284
    1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1L v6 Hydramatic 4T60
    1997 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Supercharged 3.8L v6, Hydramatic 4T60E
    1987 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/IROC-Z 5.0L v8, Hydramatic 700R4

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat
    Actually, that's not correct. Auto lock/unlock is controlled by the chime module in the circuit breaker electrical center under the passenger side dash (or next to the steering column under the cluster on some 94+ GP's).
    So then to get the unlock feature can't the chime module be swapped from a 93 to a 94+, or are there more differences that would make them incompatable to swap? Do Lumina's use the same chime module as the GP's if Steve's don't lock/unlock or is his car pre-93?
    "If you tell me it can't be done, I will find a way to to prove you wrong." - Me
    <br />

The receiver for the remote lock ands trunk opener is a box in the trunk I believe.. The chime box is a little (clear?) one under the dash.. I want remote entry and the auto lock up, lmao.. Im greedy, but what can I say? I like Gizmos!

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 221,xxx 3.5L TwinCam LX5|Back in an Olds. And it feels so goooood..

Thanks

So then to get the unlock feature can't the chime module be swapped from a 93 to a 94+, or are there more differences that would make them incompatable to swap? Do Lumina's use the same chime module as the GP's if Steve's don't lock/unlock or is his car pre-93?
    Yes, that's right, someone with a 93 could just install a 94-96 chime module. One wire would also need to be run from chime module to unlock relay, but that's all you'd need to do to upgrade a 93 so that it auto unlocks as well.

Luminas do use the same chime module, but I don't think any of theirs ever had auto locks. Steve would need to do as I did, and that's connect the inline harness to the lock/unlock relays (on mine both relays are in 1 unit). He would also need to run 1 wire from the chime module to the ECM's Park/Neutral wire (I think it's grounded in park or neutral).

Yep, I like gizmos too, that's why I added the auto locks to mine, although it does get a little annoying sometime.

Thanks

I like gizmos as well, but I've just got this paranoid fear of accidently leaving the car in gear as I shut the door, or some gremlin gets into it and locks the doors when I leave it running. I ALWAYS put the window down before I get out if I leave it running :?
    .. somebody at General Motors must know how to design a turn signal stalk that feels more like a knife in butter than a snapping tree branch.

Quote Originally Posted by supreme_style21
    I ALWAYS put the window down before I get out if I leave it running :?
    I do that with my '88 even though it can't automatically lock. I do it 'just in case'. I also have a door key attached to my wallet. I have NEVER locked myself out of the GP, or any other car that I can remember. 8)

On a side note, my gf locked herself out of her Sunfire (again) WHILE it was running... I'm just glad I wasn't there.
    <br />[size=7pt]2003 Impala LS&nbsp; _&nbsp; Series II 3800 _ Completely stock with 5x,xxx miles[/size]<br />Leather and roof, clean as a whistle.<br />http://gmwbody.com

Thanks

I keep a door key in my wallet too, but I also use a "separating" keychain for the rest of my keys. I keep the ignition key(s) on one ring and all of my other keys (including the door/trunk key) and RKE remote on the other ring. Whenever I get out of my car and leave it running, I pop off the other ring and lock the doors, taking the door key with me.

I've been locked out of my car before and after that happened to me the first time, I started carrying the spare key in my wallet. It has saved me a few times, that's for sure...

Kevin B.
    2004 Chevy Impala 3400 V6 - Color: Victory Red

1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 Vortec V8 - Color: You guessed it, Victory Red!

Thanks

I've never locked the keys in my car, but I've been using keyless entry exclusively for the past 11yrs so I'm not accustomed to using the interior switches or key to lock/unlock the car. I only use the remote, so if I left the keys in the car, I have nothing with which to lock the car in the 1st place.

I would say at the least, I have locked the keys in my cars about six times. Only once in the buick though. It would be smarter to keep a spare in your wallet. NOT at home when you always lock the keys in the car someplace else.
    1994 Chevy Blazer 350 auto
    <br />1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8 5 spd
    <br />1981 Pontiac Firebird 350 4 spd For Sale
    <br />1989 Dodge Ramcharger 318 4spd

Thanks

If I locked my keys in my car, I'd be screwed, as my apartment keys are also on that keyring.. the spare keys being in my apartment.
    .. somebody at General Motors must know how to design a turn signal stalk that feels more like a knife in butter than a snapping tree branch.

actually I locked the keys in the '89 TWICE within the last month. The first time I was installing a battery, not realizing the ignition key was set to "on". I can't remember how I did this exactly, but I had locked the doors, while I was putting the battery in and connected, I thought "why do I hear the HVAC fan running" LOL. Doors were locked, while I was using a coat hanger hitting the unlock button I had realized I pulled the CTSY!!!!! fuse! Well because it was in "on" I just hit power window down

Next time I did it, CTSY fuse pulled but the keys weren't in the ignition, they were on the floor. Cut to the chase, that rear quarter window I had butyl taped in? I just pulled real hard and slow and it came out
    Yeah, it's still on the road. 219,982 mi

Visitors found this page by searching for:

how to disable power door locks

how to disable automatic door locks

how to disable auto door locks

bypass power door locks

disable power door locks