Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

disable automatic power door locks?

I want to disable my doors from locking automatically when I put my car in gear. Is there a fuse for this? (I tried pulling 2 different ones for power doors but nothing..)
    <br />[size=7pt]2003 Impala LS&nbsp; _&nbsp; Series II 3800 _ Completely stock with 5x,xxx miles[/size]<br />Leather and roof, clean as a whistle.<br />http://gmwbody.com

Lurker
    Thanks

It's a major pita on the newer cars when you have to manually unlock the doors to leave the vehicle. At least with fords the doors automatically unlock when you pull the inside door handle. If I remember correctly there's no simple way to disable the auto locks without disabling the power locks altogether.

1976 Corvette Stingray
    1989 Cutlass Supreme Int. Series 2.8 Litre 5 speed
    2007 Mazdaspeed 6

Thanks

mine unlock when I turn the car off
    4 + 4 + 2 = 10 for Oldsmobile 1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL IV 3100 F/S
    RIP Oldsmobile 1897-2004

Thanks

I have looked into this as well, but to no avail. It is just a PITA when you have other people in the car that you are dropping off or something, and you always have to press unlock, and even when you put it into Park to get the mail or something, you have to press unlock. No big deal, but it adds up to be annoying.
    1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE - 3100 SFI

Quote Originally Posted by kfahn
    I have looked into this as well, but to no avail. It is just a PITA when you have other people in the car that you are dropping off or something, and you always have to press unlock, and even when you put it into Park to get the mail or something, you have to press unlock. No big deal, but it adds up to be annoying.
    Exactly!!! Our van also has this feature and I've always hated it...

My 88 doesn't do this. If I want to lock or unlock the doors I press the damn button. This was especially annoying today when I was starting and restarting my 95 (I think my starter is fine.. just a bad connection somewhere).
    <br />[size=7pt]2003 Impala LS&nbsp; _&nbsp; Series II 3800 _ Completely stock with 5x,xxx miles[/size]<br />Leather and roof, clean as a whistle.<br />http://gmwbody.com

Gnat did you do this to your car.. or Disco? thought someone did :?

Thanks

My old 94 Grand Am had a fuse you could pull that would disable the auto locking. I haven't looked into disabling the locks on my Regal yet so I'm not sure if it's possible. I guess I'm just used to the auto locking/unlocking now (but whoever rides shotgun can never remember to wait until I shut the car off to get out of the car...)

I know it's annoying at first, but you get used to it after a few weeks...

Kevin B.
    2004 Chevy Impala 3400 V6 - Color: Victory Red

1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 Vortec V8 - Color: You guessed it, Victory Red!

Thanks

Throw me a fricken wiring diagram here

:P

my '92 doesn't do it but I suspected that somehow in installing the locks I missed a wire and the feature never made it, but looking at my diagrams it doesn't look like '92 has it at all. At least not on the CS.
    -Tony
    gtsdurango.net
    '04 Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4x4
    ​ - teh gas guzzling daily
    '90 Turbo Grand Prix STE - Crane H260 Cam, Getrag 282 Swap, 1.6 Rockers, Intrax Front Lowering Springs, KYB GR2s, 34mm Sway Bar, CS FSTB, AWeb RSTB, ES Poly Sway Bar Bushings, Cooper Cobra 245/50s, Speed Primer, Hail Speed Dents, NFG Keyless Entry, Lots of Extra Wiring - Running once again! Sorta! Not really...
    '92 Gutless Supreme SL - RIP 5-10 | '90 Turbo Grand Prix - RIP 6-15-05

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAD
    I did the opposite, I added it to my 89 that didn't have it.
    But you can disable it easily. Just unplug the inline connector going to the chime box. You'll also lose your turn signal left on warning, but your 88 never had that either. I thought someone said there was a fuse for this in some cars, but I've never looked into it.

No, 92 wouldn't have it. Auto locking was new in 93 (doesn't auto unlock) while auto lock and unlock came out in 94. Turn signal left on warning came out in 89.

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat
    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAD
    I did the opposite, I added it to my 89 that didn't have it.
    But you can disable it easily. Just unplug the inline connector going to the chime box. You'll also lose your turn signal left on warning, but your 88 never had that either. I thought someone said there was a fuse for this in some cars, but I've never looked into it.

No, 92 wouldn't have it. Auto locking was new in 93 (doesn't auto unlock) while auto lock and unlock came out in 94. Turn signal left on warning came out in 89.
    pm me on how to add it i want it one my cars so i don't have to worry about locking the doors
    James

[Jonpro03] 2:28 am: when i first joined... i wondered why ppl here cared so much about semis
    [Jonpro03] 2:29 am: then i realized international was a type of cutty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat
    Auto locking was new in 93 (doesn't auto unlock)
    Guess I lucked out, the donor car only could've either been a '92 or '93
    -Tony
    gtsdurango.net
    '04 Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4x4
    ​ - teh gas guzzling daily
    '90 Turbo Grand Prix STE - Crane H260 Cam, Getrag 282 Swap, 1.6 Rockers, Intrax Front Lowering Springs, KYB GR2s, 34mm Sway Bar, CS FSTB, AWeb RSTB, ES Poly Sway Bar Bushings, Cooper Cobra 245/50s, Speed Primer, Hail Speed Dents, NFG Keyless Entry, Lots of Extra Wiring - Running once again! Sorta! Not really...
    '92 Gutless Supreme SL - RIP 5-10 | '90 Turbo Grand Prix - RIP 6-15-05

Forum Moderator digitaloutsider's Avatar
    Thanks

Cutlassdude96, Change your avitar. I HATE THAT FUCKING OVEN MITT. I THROW THINGS AT MY TV WHEN THAT ANNOYING FUCK COMES ON. GET RID OF ITTTTTTTT

:guns:

2006 Nissan Altima SE-R 3.5L 214ci VQ35DE DOHC 60 V6 | 6MT
    Raclingline HFPCs and Y-pipe, NWP VIAS delete, Goodridge SS brake lines, removed airbox snorkel, deburgered.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited 5.9L 360ci Magnum Pushrod 90 V8 | 46RE | NV249
    Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler, 180 t-stat, CAI.

1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1L 191ci Turbocharged 60 V6 | 4T60-HD
    Perpetually broken.

My boyfriend's car has different settings that can be switched to preference. He can disable them, have them lock but not unlock, have them only unlock, or have them do both. His car is a 97 Bonneville. Mine is a 93, and I removed my keyless to add my alarm, which locks & unlocks the doors. When I removed my keyless entry my driver side power lock wouldn't work at all until I rewired it. I would think there is a fuse it would be for the keyless entry system, and pulling it would have the same effect as me removing my box. The automatic door lock signal wire would be the best way to disable the locking. It is a light blue wire that runs into your chime module. It then runs to the keyless entry box in the back of the car under the rear dash. I got to mine pretty easily by removing my rear passenger side speaker and the plastic mounting thing that the speaker is mounted to. Then reach under the dash and feel around for a plastic box. Mine wasn't attched to my car so I could just pull it up thru the speaker hole. Then cut the Light Blue wire. I am pretty sure there was a wiring diagram on the box itself too. I would cut the wire from there instead of the chime module because I am not sure if anything else in the car uses the input from the wire at the chime module.
    "If you tell me it can't be done, I will find a way to to prove you wrong." - Me
    <br />

Anyone that pulled their Auto ock/Unlock boxes out that still has them? I want this feature like a mofo, lmao

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 221,xxx 3.5L TwinCam LX5|Back in an Olds. And it feels so goooood..

It's annoying as hell I think.
    1994 Chevy Blazer 350 auto
    <br />1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8 5 spd
    <br />1981 Pontiac Firebird 350 4 spd For Sale
    <br />1989 Dodge Ramcharger 318 4spd

Visitors found this page by searching for:

how to disable power door locks

how to disable automatic door locks

how to disable auto door locks

bypass power door locks

disable power door locks