Thread: radio size

radio size

I'm planning to make an almost flush mount for my 91 GP, and I want to know what the measurements are for the stock radio in terms of height and length? And also is the size of all aftermarket radios the same or does it differ slightly?
    91 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX LE SEDAN
    <br />110k miles, 3.1 MPFI

radio size

aftermarket radio sizes do difer. i bought a double din pioneer that fit flush like the stock radio with no modification. the model is a pioneer deh-p47dh. nice radio, even has a built in cross over.

Thanks

radio size

You just have to be careful that the HU isn't too long. I don't have a GP, so I can't help you there, but there are some HU's out there that are way to long to fit into some of the spaces. :?
    1996 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL - 119k
    2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - 109k
    2003 Pontiac Bonneville SLE - 79k

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Thanks

radio size

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERDUTYD
    aftermarket radio sizes do difer. i bought a double din pioneer that fit flush like the stock radio with no modification. the model is a pioneer deh-p47dh. nice radio, even has a built in cross over.
    the GPs aren't double din and neither is the deh-p47dh....
    2013 Veloster Turbo 6spd MT

Forum Moderator digitaloutsider's Avatar
    Thanks

radio size

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERDUTYD
    the GPs aren't double din and neither is the deh-p47dh....
    The GP is 1.5 DIN and so is the P47DH, IIRC.
    2006 Nissan Altima SE-R 3.5L 214ci VQ35DE DOHC 60 V6 | 6MT
    Raclingline HFPCs and Y-pipe, NWP VIAS delete, Goodridge SS brake lines, removed airbox snorkel, deburgered.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited 5.9L 360ci Magnum Pushrod 90 V8 | 46RE | NV249
    Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler, 180 t-stat, CAI, does sick burnouts.

1994 Ford Thunderbird SC Supercharged Intercooled 3.8L 231ci Pushrod 90 V6 | M5R2
    180 t-stat, intake, ASP UDPs, 10% S/C pulley.

radio size

I think my stock one was double din. I don't know if the ones with cd players or the EQ are the same size. I have one with only a cassette. Do you know what was in your car? I can measure mine for you if it would be the same size as yours was.

My Eclipse (which was stolen 3 weeks ago :verymad: ) wasn't flush with the dash, it stuck out a little with the install kit. Even with it sticking out the back of it was tight agenst the plastic in the back of the mounting area.
    "If you tell me it can't be done, I will find a way to to prove you wrong." - Me
    <br />

Thanks

radio size

Quote Originally Posted by MommyTaz022200
    I think my stock one was double din. I don't know if the ones with cd players or the EQ are the same size. I have one with only a cassette. Do you know what was in your car? I can measure mine for you if it would be the same size as yours was.
    trust me, it wasn't double din.....it was 1.5.....
    2013 Veloster Turbo 6spd MT

Administrator
    Thanks

radio size

All GP's (up until the 2004) are Din 1/2, not Double Din..

If your planning to wedge a single Din headunit in to the radio box for the GP, good luck. They are only deep enough for the stock size (Din 1/2), so either buy a mounting kit, or do some serious cutting and make it fit flush.

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - 39k, all stock

1987 Suzuki Samurai JX Tintop
    - Myside 2 Intake manifold, Harley Davidson CV Carb, 2" exhaust, Calmini Header, XM radio, 157k (owned since Aug. 2004)

radio size

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by MommyTaz022200
    trust me, it wasn't double din.....it was 1.5.....
    OK, now I know for sure. I said "I think" cause I didn't know for sure, I just know it was alot taller then my Eclipse. Thank-you for corrceting that for me.
    "If you tell me it can't be done, I will find a way to to prove you wrong." - Me
    <br />

radio size

fine, it's 1 1/2, whatever. the point is it fits flush, no mods.

radio size

I already bought the deck, its a Kenwood Mp5025 Mp3, built in cross over, 2 preouts, and the color changes. The only problem is I have to wait until I get it. C-BAD has a deck almost like mine and it does fit into the GP dash but his is not flush. I know I won't be able to make it perfectly flush without cutting the back, but what I'm planning to do is cut a piece of plexiglass to fit into the stock opening, cut a hole for the new deck, and if it needs more space in the back, i'll keep adding more plexiglass to bring it out.
    91 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX LE SEDAN
    <br />110k miles, 3.1 MPFI

Visitors found this page by searching for:

2004 grand prix radio size

2002 pontiac grand prix radio size

what size stereo will fit in a 02 jeep grand cherokee

what size of radio 2002 grand prix

2002 pontiac grand prix stereo size