Thanks

Orifice tube ? Where?

Guys, on our cars 98 3100 lumina, where is the orifice tube located at? I just got back from the shop abd was quoted possibly $300 dollars just to crack the system and to pull the orifice tube, he'll I'd rather take a whack at it since I have the gauges and the 134a for it, might even replace the condensor while I'm at it, while the system is open.
    Mods: Speedometer swap to a Tachometer Trunk Pop Switch with actuator, OEM Keyless entry installed with Doors, Trunk Pop coming soon /w FOB
    GOD DAMNIT! IF THAT DOESN'T WORK MAYBE IT'S THE CONTINUM TRANSFUNTIONAR!-5speedz34
    long story short: it has the potential to make your machine /0, and making it kill itself to avoid ending the universe. -RobertIssar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 907 Posts
    should be on driver side near the accumulator, which line it is exactly escapes me however.
    -Chris D. - Your Community Manager

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 3.4L TDC v6 Getrag 284
    1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1L v6 Hydramatic 4T60
    1997 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Supercharged 3.8L v6, Hydramatic 4T60E
    1987 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/IROC-Z 5.0L v8, Hydramatic 700R4

Thanks
    Its more accurately under the brake master cylinder, and there should be only one line fitting you can open under there. I believe one of the lines is smaller as well. You'll be looking for the bigger one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerevolution View Post
    Its more accurately under the brake master cylinder, and there should be only one line fitting you can open under there. I believe one of the lines is smaller as well. You'll be looking for the bigger one.
    Thanks guys for the location, I look forward to fixing my own AC.
    Mods: Speedometer swap to a Tachometer Trunk Pop Switch with actuator, OEM Keyless entry installed with Doors, Trunk Pop coming soon /w FOB
    GOD DAMNIT! IF THAT DOESN'T WORK MAYBE IT'S THE CONTINUM TRANSFUNTIONAR!-5speedz34
    long story short: it has the potential to make your machine /0, and making it kill itself to avoid ending the universe. -RobertIssar

Visitors found this page by searching for:

lumina orifice tube

orifice tube location chevy lumina

97 lumina orifice tube

gm orifice tube installation

98 bonneville orifice tube location