W-body.com Forum Rules and Guidelines
First off welcome to the oldest and BEST W-Body forum on the internet.
For over 10 years now this has been the best place to come to for everything w-body. And we hope to continue to be the best place on the internet for that.
However I feel it important to address a few things first. First and foremost this is a very diverse group of people here. We come from all walks of life, age, income etc. This is a site for these cars no matter if you don’t know how to work on them or will rip a car down to its bones. I don’t want to see animosity amongst members new and old. Do realize that our cars are worth less and less now, and the community has evolved along the poor values of our cars. Many members here now have cars older then themselves. Also the forum has been growing. Our former small staff has had to expand and learn ourselves. This forum is privately owned by a fellow member and enthusiast and the entire staff helps out 100% on our own time because we have deep connection to the cars and community. The staff will treat you with respect. Please return the same respect.
- Please take care to post in the proper section, It only takes a second and makes the forum easier to read for everyone.
- Post constructively, if you have nothing constructive to post rethink hitting the “post reply” button.
- Treat others with respect. I shouldn’t even have to say this one but damn has it been a problem. You would be surprised how far taking the high road will get you.
- No Politics. We have tried it before, it does not work out. Leave it at the door we are here for community not to divide ourselves.
- NO explicit language in thread titles! Including use of curse words, offensive phrases, etc.
- NO explicit language in avatars/signatures! Including use of curse words, offensive phrases, etc.
- Multiple Usernames are not permitted. Any user caught attempting to create multiple usernames will be permanently banned. If you currently have more than 1 username, you need to contact a moderator immediately to discuss which username you would like to have deleted.
For Sale section:
- Be descriptive. List WTB for want to buy or FS for for sale, list LOCATION model/year/pictures when you are selling
- If you have multiple things for sale keep it in one thread
- You MUST list a price for something that you want to sell. You can shoot high and say OBO but BE REASONABLE (IE “$1million OBO” will not fly)
- Threads to part out cars will be permitted without individual prices, but if someone asks you for a price on a particular price, you must respond with a price, not "make offer".
- Bumping your own thread is allowed, but please keep it to one bump per 24hrs.
- Please keep conversation to a minimum. Comments like, "I would buy it if I had the money" don't serve a purpose and are not needed.
- No feeler threads - If you want to sell something, sell it
- No flaming of items posted will be allowed. If you don't like the item or the price, you don't have to buy it and please keep your negative comments to yourself.
- Use the For Sale section at your own risk. The staff is not responsible for transactions gone wrong.
- Extremely explicit material is NOT allowed; Examples of this include, but not limited to: Gore, graphic violence, pornography, beastiality, etc
- NO topics allowed with intent to offend anyone of a particular race, sex, origin, or religion.
- Many people view this forum at work and at school. Any thread with content greater than a "PG" rating MUST have a "Not Work Safe" warning (NWS) in the thread title.
- Neither will be tolerated here. The forum and staff will not deal with this level of immature behavior anymore.
- DO NOT contribute to a flame war, it’s that easy. If you sink to someone else’s low expect to be punished in a similar fashion as the person who started it. I know that sounds harsh but this has been an enormous problem, that could be simply avoided if someone were to be the better person rather than fighting like children.
- This forum is not HERE for the whatever section; It is also not here for posting multiple race stories; it's especially not here for behind-the-scenes drama
- If you have a personal issue related to the forum that needs to be addressed, contact a moderator. We will assist as we see fit. If you are part of the problem, then you will be part of the solution. Simple as that.
- Do NOT POST anything personal that may potentially come back to haunt you. This includes personal information, photos, stories, etc. Who you think may be a trustworthy member can switch sides in the blink of an eye. IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE, AND IT HAPPENS ON THE INTERNET