Thanks

What's this etched on my window?

NICB Traceable
    TAD 2548617
    1-800-346-6469

I just noticed that etched on the bottom corner of the rear window on my car. It's hard to see unless you're in the right light. I called the number and it's "IAS" something-or-other.. some pre-recorded message. I'm assuming its some aftermarket theft thing.. anyone know anything specific about it?
    .. somebody at General Motors must know how to design a turn signal stalk that feels more like a knife in butter than a snapping tree branch.

Thanks

Re: What's this etched on my window?

.. somebody at General Motors must know how to design a turn signal stalk that feels more like a knife in butter than a snapping tree branch.

Thanks

We do that at our dealership. It's an invisible acid etch. That code is unique to your car and if the number was registered you would be able to trace parts of your car if it was ever stolen or parted out.

I removed all those stupid stickers off my TSX when I bought it and wet sanded the etch off before it ruined the paint. I think all those stickers are fuckin retarded. Some of our used cars have been etched but 4 different places with different companies.
    Jeff L. :: 2nd Canadian to win COTM The Preservation for POS W-bodies Canada Chapter
    2004 Acura TSX | 2.4L I4 iVTEC; 5 Speed Auto | 1 of Many Made In '04 | 89,XXXKM
    1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 | 3.1L 191ci 60 V6; 440T4 | 1 of 43,912 Made In '90 | 194,XXXKM
    1985 Mazda RX-7 S | 1.1L 70ci 12A Twin Rotor RE; 5spd | 1 of 63,105 Made in '85 | 130,XXXKM

Thanks

I think it's the only one on my car .. I've had the car for almost a year now and I didn't notice it until the other night when I stopped for gas and the etching happened to catch my eye when I went to open the gas cap. When I went out to get the info this afternoon to post on here, I couldn't see it. I almost thought I had dreamed it and started to feel retarded haha. But I caught it in the right light in garage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supreme_style21
    I think it's the only one on my car .. I've had the car for almost a year now and I didn't notice it until the other night when I stopped for gas and the etching happened to catch my eye when I went to open the gas cap. When I went out to get the info this afternoon to post on here, I couldn't see it. I almost thought I had dreamed it and started to feel retarded haha. But I caught it in the right light in garage.
    They show up under a black light, espeically the etched ones in the paint. Door jams and stuff is where they will be.

Jeff L. :: 2nd Canadian to win COTM The Preservation for POS W-bodies Canada Chapter
    2004 Acura TSX | 2.4L I4 iVTEC; 5 Speed Auto | 1 of Many Made In '04 | 89,XXXKM
    1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 | 3.1L 191ci 60 V6; 440T4 | 1 of 43,912 Made In '90 | 194,XXXKM
    1985 Mazda RX-7 S | 1.1L 70ci 12A Twin Rotor RE; 5spd | 1 of 63,105 Made in '85 | 130,XXXKM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

nicb traceable

nicb tracable

what does nicb traceable mean

ncib traceable

what is nicb traceable