Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks

ECM/PCM (computer) not giving code 12. Just blink, long pause, blink, long pause

I just replaced my ECM in effort to get my car running again along with a myriad of other things. I am concerned about this Check Engine Light sequence I am getting. Its blink, long pause, blink, long pause. And it repeats. The thing is, that I get this sequence all the time, even if I am not checking for Trouble Codes!
    What is going on? Is my ECM dead?

Here is the link to my previous thread for my car troubles, I don't know that it will help much:
    http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=83202.0

Thanks

Re: ECM/PCM (computer) not giving code 12. Just blink, long pause, blink, long pause

Sounds like wrong ECM.
    Jay
    "Eh, ya know somethin' Jimmy...It's one thing to understand how to bolt aftermarket parts to your car...It's another thing entirely (opens exhaust on GN) to understand how they all..work..together!"

I may not have a W anymore, but my trucks have a lot of w-body parts.
    THE ANSWER TO 1984 IS 1776.

Thanks

Re: ECM/PCM (computer) not giving code 12. Just blink, long pause, blink, long pause

You mean that Kragen gave me the wrong part for my car?!

Thanks

Entirely possible.
    Jay
    "Eh, ya know somethin' Jimmy...It's one thing to understand how to bolt aftermarket parts to your car...It's another thing entirely (opens exhaust on GN) to understand how they all..work..together!"

I may not have a W anymore, but my trucks have a lot of w-body parts.
    THE ANSWER TO 1984 IS 1776.

Thanks

Yup. I would say its the wrong PCM, or the wrong memcal unit in it.
    -08 Kia Spectra SX -2.0L BetaII/Auto
    -02 Buick Rendezvous CXL -3.5L LX9 Swap/4t65e

Thanks

Re: Codes 22, 33, 35, 44, 45. What does this mean? What do I do?

Did you check the wiring for the map tps and the iac? Sounds like you got a break somewhere. I believe they all use the same basic circuit. the o2 codes are probably being caused being this. Check for 5v reference at all 3 sensors, your ground, and the signal wires.
    Founder of the Radical Revs Racing Team- Radical Revs Race Mods
    -Jarek-
    Mach 5-1989 Pontiac Grand Prix SE- LG5 swap, GT3076r, Getrag 282, Birchmount
    Racer X- 1990 McLaren TGP- GTX3582r high boost- Getrag 284- Tilton Twin disc- LG5 w/ 34xx race heads, race cam, custom intake
    1985 AE86- 4age 20v, supra trans, 4.78:1 final
    1987 Mitsubishi Starion- 2.6l turbo 5spd still figuring all options

Thanks

I would check to make sure there is a memcal in that ecm. You may need to remove the memcal from your old ecm and put it in the new one because I think new ecm's don't come with the memcal. If your old memcal is suspect... try a junk yard for the same year/motor/model.

2006 Impala SS LS4 V8
    1992 Lumina 04/2000 - 10/2010

Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,716 Posts

if you post the BCC i can tell you what all MEMCALs will work...
    King of Code
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E... for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!

Thanks

I merged this thread with your old one since this is just a continuation of the same problem. From now on, do not start a separate topic for the same problem. Posting in your old thread brings it to the top where everyone will see it. By the way, you can edit the first post in a thread to change the title of it to reflect an update/or new issue you want to put emphasis on.

Thanks

Oooh, okay. That's a handy trick. Thanks. I won't dual post for the same problem.

Thanks

Re: What do these Trouble Codes mean?! 22, 33, 35, 44, 45.

The Memcal is fine. I think I made the mistake of leaving the battery connected when I plugged in the new ECM/PCM. That probably fried it. I got another ECM and unplugged the battery this time and the car started right up. I think it was the last of a number of needed fixes.
    But, my car liiiiiives! Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions.

Oh, and I think the 'blink, long pause, blink, long pause' means that the computer is not working, get a dang new one. I don't think 'blink, long pause, blink, long pause' isn't a Trouble Code. I think its a 'you messed up big genius!' code.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

1990 chevy silverado trouble codes

1990 chevy 1500 code 33

1990 chevy silverado code 33

91 pontiac grand prix trouble codes

95 chevy silverado code 44