92 Buick Regal BLOWER MOTOR replacement - unbelievable - SHOULD be so easy...

Folks:

I did this. It was a nightmare. Pulling off the black under-dash panel cover, then moving an electrical convenience center out of the way, then moving a wiring harness. There was very little room for it to come out. It was even harder to put it back in. But, hey, got it for $35 at a junkyard and it WORKS.

Well, months have passed and I have the electrical convenience center dangling and the black under-dash panel cover in my rear seat. Yesterday, I tried to slide in the electrical convenience center. So, I have some questions:

1) the electrical convenience center has that vertical slot, right? They wiring harness that feeds into it has relaxed, will bending it to make it fit back up in its cavity damage things?
    2) are the slots at the bottom of the convenience center meant for the screws that attach to the bottom of the blower motor?
    3) how do I attach the under-dash lamp to peer through the black under-dash panel cover?

So, some advice on how to put things back together now that the blower motor is in. Is there a graphic instruction somewhere of how to do this? THANKS! What a nightmare.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 744 Posts

Re: 92 Buick Regal BLOWER MOTOR replacement - unbelievable - SHOULD be so easy...

Do yourself a favour and remove the passenger seat when working under the dash.

Then you can lie on the floor and get a much better view of how everything is assembled.
    Matt Shantz

'95 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Vert LQ1
    '94 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Vert LQ1
    '90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix #0058 of 2749
    '92 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - BAM -282 -
    1Q 2013 COTQ
    '92 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 - 284
    '88 Pontiac Fiero GT - 282
    '01 Cadillac Seville STS - Corsa
    '01 GMC Yukon Denali - GM 22's
    '98 Dodge Dakota Sport - 3.9 V6 - NV3500

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 5
    Car is machine, Matt is boss status trained precision task killer..

Thanks

Re: 92 Buick Regal BLOWER MOTOR replacement - unbelievable - SHOULD be so easy...

Shit i can get a new motor for 35.00. (END HIJACK)
    rockfangd

Thanks

X2 on that...I tend to find that my willingness to buy new parts is in direct relation to the inacessibility of the part...for instance, I'll definitely buy a new alternator for my DOHC===because I don't want to do it again anytime soon.

If it were more accessible, I'd be willing to take a chance on used/rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by rockfangd
    Shit i can get a new motor for 35.00. (END HIJACK)

1995 Cutlass DOHC Convertible
    3rd Quarter 2012 W-Body.com COTQ
    244,000 miles, and counting.
    LQ1's sound glorious above 5,000 RPM...

Visitors found this page by searching for:

1993 buick regal blower motor location

how to change. a blower motor in a 1993 Buick regal

94 buick regal blower motor

1993 buick lesabre blower motor resistor location

buick regal Blower Motor Resistor