Turn Signal Troubles

No big deal, but sometimes when I go to make a left turn, the turn signal won't come on. The indicators doesn't light up and the lights don't flash. I have to whack the stalk up and down a few times to make it work.

Is there some sort of contact that's not working...or is this an indicator of something more? The bulbs all work. I haven't tried it, but I've been thinking of squirting some compressed air where the stalk meets the wheel.

This is a 95 Buick Regal, 3.1, with the coolant ever-leak option and the bird-crap attracting paint job.
    1995 Buick Regal 3.1 <br />_________________<br /><br />Reality is just something you must rise above.

Thanks

Re: Turn Signal Troubles

http://tss.likeabigdog.com

Common occurence in these cars.

Epic Miami 896 Rims / Dual Free Flow Exhaust
    HID Conversion / WO-Tech Chip
    MMI FWI / Aweb RSTB
    Vert FSTB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Flanders
    No big deal, but sometimes when I go to make a left turn, the turn signal won't come on. The indicators doesn't light up and the lights don't flash. I have to whack the stalk up and down a few times to make it work.

Is there some sort of contact that's not working...or is this an indicator of something more? The bulbs all work. I haven't tried it, but I've been thinking of squirting some compressed air where the stalk meets the wheel.

This is a 95 Buick Regal, 3.1, with the coolant ever-leak option and the bird-crap attracting paint job.
    MediaBandit is dead on.

In the meantime you can force the turning stalk down a little more than normal to ensure that you're signalling your turns, but eventually that will fail and you won't be able to signal the left turns at all.

You may already have or be in the process of losing your left brake light as well.

Here, these are $250-300 Cdn to do (labour in), so in the States I would say $175-250 at a shop, probably a small premium if you go to Generous Motors and ask them to hook you up.

BREAKDOWN ABILITIES: In car mode, his engine emits vibration that causes mechanical failures in other vehicles...can speed to 200 mph...uses concussion cannon in robot mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalwalker08
    Ignore 90% of the comments here but be sure to listen to Breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerevolution
    If it took me 7-14 hours to change an alternator, I'd set the car on fire and roll it down a hill.
    . . .then I'd set myself on fire.

Since it's not doing it all the time (yet) I'm going to wait awhile.
    1995 Buick Regal 3.1 <br />_________________<br /><br />Reality is just something you must rise above.

Thanks

Do your brake lights still work? EVERY 1.5 Lumina Isee now has no signal lights and no brake lights.
    Jeff L. :: 2nd Canadian to win COTM The Preservation for POS W-bodies Canada Chapter
    2004 Acura TSX | 2.4L I4 iVTEC; 5 Speed Auto | 1 of Many Made In '04 | 89,XXXKM
    1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 | 3.1L 191ci 60 V6; 440T4 | 1 of 43,912 Made In '90 | 194,XXXKM
    1985 Mazda RX-7 S | 1.1L 70ci 12A Twin Rotor RE; 5spd | 1 of 63,105 Made in '85 | 130,XXXKM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1990lumina
    Do your brake lights still work? EVERY 1.5 Lumina Isee now has no signal lights and no brake lights.
    I've found it's usually only on the side of the affected signal.

BREAKDOWN ABILITIES: In car mode, his engine emits vibration that causes mechanical failures in other vehicles...can speed to 200 mph...uses concussion cannon in robot mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalwalker08
    Ignore 90% of the comments here but be sure to listen to Breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerevolution
    If it took me 7-14 hours to change an alternator, I'd set the car on fire and roll it down a hill.
    . . .then I'd set myself on fire.

Thanks

The car's I see don't have either signal light either
    Jeff L. :: 2nd Canadian to win COTM The Preservation for POS W-bodies Canada Chapter
    2004 Acura TSX | 2.4L I4 iVTEC; 5 Speed Auto | 1 of Many Made In '04 | 89,XXXKM
    1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 | 3.1L 191ci 60 V6; 440T4 | 1 of 43,912 Made In '90 | 194,XXXKM
    1985 Mazda RX-7 S | 1.1L 70ci 12A Twin Rotor RE; 5spd | 1 of 63,105 Made in '85 | 130,XXXKM

Lurker
    Thanks

Alright, a HUGE bump for this topic, but only because it is the exact same issue I am having and all of the information is already here in this thread.

My question is, my turn signal has been doing this for some time and when it gets super cold it stops working completely. Yet if I pull back on it a bit as if I'm using my brights, it comes on. My right blinker still blinks but the left one will only come on solid.

I have NOT noticed any kind of brake light issue however, do they always happen together? Maybe my brake lights are acting up but I don't know it?!?
    http://www.spudfiles.com
    Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of! :laugh:

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White"
    3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Grind Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5"; back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco Swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PCGUY112887
    Alright, a HUGE bump for this topic, but only because it is the exact same issue I am having and all of the information is already here in this thread.

My question is, my turn signal has been doing this for some time and when it gets super cold it stops working completely. Yet if I pull back on it a bit as if I'm using my brights, it comes on. My right blinker still blinks but the left one will only come on solid.

I have NOT noticed any kind of brake light issue however, do they always happen together? Maybe my brake lights are acting up but I don't know it?!?
    That's definitely your turn signal switch. 100% sure.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

95 regal blinker wont blink