Thanks

P1811 Code 4T65E Transmission Question

Is the p1811 code which causes intermittent rough shifting capable of damaging the transmission? Will it only get worse? My '01 Century occaisonally has this happen. Sometimes it will not act up for 2 weeks, sometimes once every few days. I've had my transmission fluid changed and the filter changed recently to see if this would help, but it hasn't. From what i've read, the pressure control solenoid needs to be changed and it's expensive and labor intensive. Any others been through this? What's a fair price top pay for this job? I hate to spend a lot of money, as the Century is my beater car. Especially since the computer resets when I turn the car off. Input please.

Also, I've read that the Transgo shift kit is supposed to help this? Any truth to this? How much for a shift kit install?
    2001 Buick Century Custom-Graphite<br />2008 Corvette M6-Atomic Orange

Re: P1811 Code 4T65E Transmission Question

I'd just replace the solenoid. It CAN eventually cause long term issues. Clutches don't really like slamming home.......I stress the word "can" though. Not always.

PC solenoids pay 4.6hrs per Nodata (er...Alldata), and either 4.6 or 5.9 depending on how you read my Motors labor time guide (these things can read really stupidly sometimes).

Either way, also expect to pay for the solenoid (like $60 customer pay last time I looked), a side cover gasket (which are not that cheap) and 2-4 qts of ATF.

It's not the cheapest, and you CAN get by for a while, but I WOULD do the repair soonish.
    1999 Dodge Neon R/T: Is MINE now.........WTF?? Maybe I DO have a working car for autoxing after all!<br /><br />1997 Honda Prelude SH: Still going tap-tap, and still being abused......8000rpm is good for it, I SWEAR.<br /><br />1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R: The parts and organ donor has appeared but has yet to be used.<br /><br />1992 Nissan NX2000: Rusting quietly while I try to figure out if a Bluebird long-block is really worth it.<br /><br />1991 Pontiac Grand Prix: Currently in 4th gear due to a shift-cable malfunction, but I&#39;m so lazy it may NEVER get resurected AGAIN.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

P1811 Code

p1811

transmission code p1811

p1811 transmission code

p1811 pontiac grand prix