Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks

Re: AC recharge at home

Only in R134a.

You *should* be able to test a compressor just by giving it 12v and a ground. IIRC, it's just a two pin connector.
    Chris D.-
    '02 Buick Century- Wife's
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee- Company Car/DD

I need to figue out how to recharge my mom's Tahoe. Is everything fundamentally the same on most cars?
    2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX<br />4.6L SOHC 24v V-8<br />239hp / 287lb-ft<br /><br />Former W-Body Rides:<br />1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL (2004-2005)<br />2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL (2005-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leman
    I have a 92 gp and the person before me ripped out the condenssor in the front of the rad, so i want to replace it as well as the o-rings for all the connections. but i am not shure how to test the compressor to see if it pumps or even turns with the motor. I live in canada and we dont have these charging kits as far as i know. Where do you get them. Do they come in r12 also, or just the 134a.

Thnaks
    I see them everywhere here.

Part Source sells a version of Freeze 12 (different name though, can't remember) It's compatible with both R12 and R134a systems..FWIW
    Jeff L. :: 2nd Canadian to win COTM The Preservation for POS W-bodies Canada Chapter
    2004 Acura TSX | 2.4L I4 iVTEC; 5 Speed Auto | 1 of Many Made In '04 | 89,XXXKM
    1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 | 3.1L 191ci 60 V6; 440T4 | 1 of 43,912 Made In '90 | 194,XXXKM
    1985 Mazda RX-7 S | 1.1L 70ci 12A Twin Rotor RE; 5spd | 1 of 63,105 Made in '85 | 130,XXXKM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1990lumina
    I have a 92 gp and the person before me ripped out the condenssor in the front of the rad, so i want to replace it as well as the o-rings for all the connections. but i am not shure how to test the compressor to see if it pumps or even turns with the motor. I live in canada and we dont have these charging kits as far as i know. Where do you get them. Do they come in r12 also, or just the 134a.

Thnaks
    I see them everywhere here.

Part Source sells a version of Freeze 12 (different name though, can't remember) It's compatible with both R12 and R134a systems..FWIW
    There is no refrigerant/additive that is compatible with r12 AND r134a. R12 and R134a use different types of oils, and they're way different types of refrigerants. 134a can be used in a system that was designed for r12 because their temperature-pressure relationships are almost identical. But, you need to completely remove the r12 and all of its oil before charging 134a and its oil into the system. If the two types of refrigerants and/or oils are allowed to combine, they will create an acid that will destroy your system from the inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by CuttySup
    I need to figue out how to recharge my mom's Tahoe. Is everything fundamentally the same on most cars?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by slick
    Only in R134a.

You *should* be able to test a compressor just by giving it 12v and a ground. IIRC, it's just a two pin connector.
    I'm not entirely sure on this, but do automobile compressors have the high and low pressure switches built into the compressor? If they're built in and wired internally, putting 12V on the clutch shouldn't do anything if that low pressure switch is open. I could be wrong though.

Thnaks
    Be sure to use a vacuum pump on your system before charging, you've gotta boil off any water in the system because that will react with the oil and create an acid too.
    Eric<br />1988 International Series - 250,000+ Miles!<br />1995 Convertible (Red/White/White) - 98,000 Miles FOR SALE! $4000 o/b/o

Its odd that your presure only went up a little. I bought one of those cans form walmart and it may have been a bit larger. But my ac was totally empty and it filled it right to 45psi.

But Damn the AC draws alot of current. It draws more than my 1500rms stereo does at full tilt.
    - 94 Olds Cuttlass Supreme - Kenwood KDC-X859 -- PG TI600.2 - USAmps Merlin MD.1D - <br />- eDI 6500&#039;s - eD 16Ov.2 - eDead v1SE2 - OptimaRedTop -<br /><br />

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shyguy164

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by slick
    Only in R134a.

I'm not entirely sure on this, but do automobile compressors have the high and low pressure switches built into the compressor? If they're built in and wired internally, putting 12V on the clutch shouldn't do anything if that low pressure switch is open. I could be wrong though.
    I've successfully tested the compressor clutch by just giving the pins 12v.
    Chris D.-
    '02 Buick Century- Wife's
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee- Company Car/DD

Thanks

1. You cannot legally buy or sell R-12 without being certified/licensed. The good news is that the certification is super-easy.

2. My '93 Euro 3.4 has both high side and low side fittings under the air box. What moron decided that was a good place? Took about a half-pound. I bought the car a couple of years ago, and have no idea on it's service history.

3. My '92 Euro 3.4 has been in the family since late 92. I've never had to top off the refrigerant in 14+ years. Might be getting close to needing it, though.
    "The most negative fricken troll ever." --Bee Twenty

Visitors found this page by searching for:

2003 buick century ac recharge

1996 buick regal air conditioning recharge

2002 BUICK CENTURY AIR CONDITIONING RECHARGE

1994 buick century air conditioner recharge

2003 buick century air conditioner recharge