Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thanks

custom cold air intake:FINISHED!

i finally got my "custom cold air intake" done, total cost of operation: like 5 bucks for a can of spray paint! i got the pvc, metal strapping and the screws from my dad for free

tell me what you think, you like it? i know its not the best dob but its good enough for me

Thanks

Not bad.

I have to take a picture of my intake too.
    1999 Dodge Truck RAM 1500 1/2 ton 4WD V8 360 Z 5.9L SFI QUAD CAB Sport Ed<br />1999 HONDA TRUCK PASSPORT 4WD V6 03165 3.2L MFI<br />1997 MERCURY SABLE 6 Cylinders 182 U 3.0L SFI<br />1994 PONTIAC GRAND AM L4 138 3 2.3L MFI SOHC QUAD<br />1990 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS V6 191 T 3.1L MFI<br />1981 MERCEDES BENZ 240D 4 Cylinders 02399 2.4L DIESEL

Thanks

high points of my air intake:

-heat sensor transplanted in
    -non-slip metal strapping makeing the filter un-twsitable
    -steel foil heat shield
    -red painted PVC pipe

Thanks

my mom told me if i have nothing to say, then dont speak
    Paul<br />2002 Chevy Camaro SS<br />1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass<br /><br />Http://www.ls1tech.com<br /><br />[quote author=Brian P link=topic=63948.msg779619#msg779619 date=1194535851]<br />I&#39;m a ricer<br />[/quote]

Thanks

Sorry man, I can't go for that. No how...no can do.
    Yeah, it's still on the road. 219,982 mi

Thanks

I agree with the above. If I do a mod it either has to look completely stock or really good, but I prefer a stock look. Thats why I cut the holes in the air box, you cant even see them if your looking at the motor

Robby
    Robby Whitesell
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT - 3500 V6

1985 Toyota Pickup DLX - 2WD - 2.4L I4

Thanks

the one i made looks good and i have people's opinions to back me up, plus it was done right
    Paul<br />2002 Chevy Camaro SS<br />1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass<br /><br />Http://www.ls1tech.com<br /><br />[quote author=Brian P link=topic=63948.msg779619#msg779619 date=1194535851]<br />I&#39;m a ricer<br />[/quote]

Thanks

How do you prevent horizontal movement with that setup? Is the PVC heavy enough to hold it in place? If it works, it works that's the bottom line I guess.

Thanks

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Thanks

"A" for effort. if it works great.... just dont open the hood and sho anyone. kinda looks like a cob job with the metal strap holding the filter on... otherwise not bad though... I really have no room to talk due to the fact that i just dont have the energy to try and make a cold air... spending all my time on building my 11 second family sedan, hehehehehe

- Justin

Thanks

not bad, but ill tell you one way to make it better. on mine, i used a combo of rivets and a hose clamp to hold the filter in place(pop holes, rivet it in) its still removable, although the whole tube goes. i prevented movement by using a wire tie thru the hose clamp and had it tied off closely. it didnt move at all.

P.S. how come only half the tube is painted?

Thanks

hmmm is that PVC?...:shock: hmm you shouldn't gone with some steel tubing. you'd be lucky if that plastic doesn't melt or weaken over a short period of time.

Thanks

all of it is painted lol i just wrapped steel foil around half of it on the side where its closest to the exhaust manifold, im going to fleet today to see if i can get some steel tubing, i dont know if all pvc is like this but this isnt the thin kind, i have seen pvc that is 1/8 inch thick, but this is 1/4 inch thick, would that make any difference in the strength factor??? i think my car has all the essentials to be a rice runner :? the only thing it lacks is huge rims (on their way in a couple of days) and clear tail lights and stuff like that, but at least its not a 4-banger, and i didnt put all my stuff on to be cool, i did it so i can have extra performance, because i need all that i can get with this car!!! i think i did a damn good job and if you guys think that it is shitty then fuck you since this is my first time owning a car and i did this by myself ALONE and this is my first time trying something like this, at least i didnt go out and buy a bent piece of steel tubing for 180 bucks and call it a cold air intake, like most of the ricers do

Thanks

oh and about the movement, if you look real closely you can see a tie-wrap that i put through the metal strapping and tightened it on the support arm for the suspention, its a little white plastic tiewrap if you look closely and the front of the filter, in the lower left corner of the pic

Thanks

nevermind its kinda in the middle of the pic near the bottom, at least i had the brains to hook up the heat sensor