Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks

Re: Impala maintenance intervals

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    Also, the first 30,000 were it being used as a rental, so I can only imagine what it has been through.
    it was a rental!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear god this car needs some lovin! It was abused as a child.
    00 GTP - mine | 05 Mariner - hers | 95 F150 - ours?

Quote Originally Posted by 3WH12-96
    yeah wait till 100,00 miles to do all that by then you wont have to cause you will have already overhauled the trans and put two intakes on it
    i work at a medium size GM dealer and we have two guys that do nothing but trans all day long
    Independentfool is right on with all his recomendations top to bottom front to back
    sides a drain and fill is 5 or 6 quarts and a flush is more than 12.....and whoever thinks that shitass orange coolat is the bomb will be buying an intake sooner than later.....sorry I had to vent for a sec....but this website frustrates me sometimes you guys are so much in the "know" bout certain things and then something like this?? meh
    Weird, MY dealer has DOZENS of cars that service their trannies at 100K intervals and we've rebuilt like *1* in the last 6 months. Not to mention, I have quite a few that get 200K + put on them. Seriously, if he's overhauling the trans at 100K, he did something idiotic with it like tow a house or give the car to a teenager.

And show me ONE SINGLE IOTA OF PROOF that Dexcool causes ANY problems with intakes on 3100/3400's. Go look at the gasket design dipshit, and tell me THAT isn't the problem.

As for "in the know", YOU most assuredly AREN'T...........YOU are the guy telling somebody to spend more money than they need to.

And Canada is dead on. PC solenoid is about it...........and guess what...you KNOW when it goes out, because it throws a code (P13XX or something I think) and turns on the SES light......weird.

Sooooo, if you actually want to know why that annoying little light is on and get it fixed (it's not the cheapest job [3.5hrs or somesuh IIRC], but WAY cheaper than an overhaul), you have no problems.....ta-da.
    1999 Dodge Neon R/T: Is MINE now.........WTF?? Maybe I DO have a working car for autoxing after all!<br /><br />1997 Honda Prelude SH: Still going tap-tap, and still being abused......8000rpm is good for it, I SWEAR.<br /><br />1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R: The parts and organ donor has appeared but has yet to be used.<br /><br />1992 Nissan NX2000: Rusting quietly while I try to figure out if a Bluebird long-block is really worth it.<br /><br />1991 Pontiac Grand Prix: Currently in 4th gear due to a shift-cable malfunction, but I&#39;m so lazy it may NEVER get resurected AGAIN.

If you are REALLY worried about it being a rental, do a simple pan drop at 50K to keep the trans happy (rental IS severe duty) and do a REAL service at 100K.
    1999 Dodge Neon R/T: Is MINE now.........WTF?? Maybe I DO have a working car for autoxing after all!<br /><br />1997 Honda Prelude SH: Still going tap-tap, and still being abused......8000rpm is good for it, I SWEAR.<br /><br />1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R: The parts and organ donor has appeared but has yet to be used.<br /><br />1992 Nissan NX2000: Rusting quietly while I try to figure out if a Bluebird long-block is really worth it.<br /><br />1991 Pontiac Grand Prix: Currently in 4th gear due to a shift-cable malfunction, but I&#39;m so lazy it may NEVER get resurected AGAIN.

Thanks

BTW....what is a mid-sized dealer in your state? For instance, how many techs do you have?
    -2007 Saturn Sky Redline M5<br />-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD 6.0/A4<br />-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS<br />-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Hardtop M6<br />-1996 Chevrolet Beretta 3400<br />-ASE Master Technician with ASE Advanced Engine Performance and Under Car Certification

yes the 65 does fight solenoid probs cant argue that wit ya but all i was saying is that maintence will and could help but most i live round drive em till they drop. thats not my nature..... and my 4T60 is strong and begs for more...... maintain your vehicle is all im sayin

15 in all on the GM building

Okay...

All I wanted to know what the maintenance intervals were. I realize this vehicle is still fairly new however it had 30,000 miles on it in the first year of it being made, thus why I want to be proactive on this car. That's it.

Thanks for the ideas!
    |Devin|

keep dreaming its fine my 60 does great its the 65's that blow out reverse shells and strip flashlights and i see it everyday so tell me im wrong ask my ASM and try to keep up

Huh?
    |Devin|

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBULS
    Finally, mid 90's and newer GM Serp. belts are lifetime belts. The Replacement spec is to have an average of 3 full depth cracks per cm across the width of the belt. Anything less, and the belt is ok. You should also look for any fraying to the back side, cords showing, chunking of the ribs etc. But unless the above happen, again........it's good for the life of the car.
    I had to replace mine at 87k..
    ♥ May 2007 COTM Winner ♥

1996 Monte Carlo LS [PARKED] 1992 Blazer 4WD 2004 Grand Prix GT2

Visitors found this page by searching for:

2004 chevy impala maintenance schedule

2006 impala maintenance schedule

2007 impala maintenance schedule

2007 CHEVY IMPALA MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE

2004 impala maintenance schedule