Symptoms of really bad timing.

I have been suspecting that the timing on my 92z34 is really off. What would be a few symptoms of this? As of right now the car bucks alot if i am in 1st or 2nd and let off the gas and bucks even more if i give it gas after it has been coasting. Under full throttle the car doesn't buck at all, it is slow though(i can barely run low 16s consistently and i only trap 85). The cars exhaust smells like shit. I have changed the cat, plugs, coils, o2 sensor, shut off the egr, had a brand new 284, clutch, pp, and t/o bearing installed, and other basic stuff. The car doesn't smoke. It always cranks. I will be getting some $$$ for christmas and was thinking about having the local Chevy dealer change the belt and check the cam timing. Do these symptoms sound like bad timing to ya'll? Please respond with your opinion.

Kyle

Thanks

Re: Symptoms of really bad timing.

When you say the exhuast smells like shit, what do you mean by this? What does it smell like, other than shit?

But it does to me, I mean timing makes a whole world of difference in any car let alone a DOHC!
    Jay

1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
    350/NV3500 5spd

Re: Symptoms of really bad timing.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Cutlass94
    When you say the exhuast smells like shit, what do you mean by this? What does it smell like, other than shit?

But it does to me, I mean timing makes a whole world of difference in any car let alone a DOHC!
    The only way i can describe the way it smells is that it smells waaaaay too strong compared to other cars. My old Z didn't smell this bad.

Kyle

Visitors found this page by searching for:

symptoms of bad timing

signs of bad timing

symptoms of a bad timing

symptoms of bad timing on car

signs of bad timing on car