View Poll Results: How do I get in?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shatter a back (not rear) window.

0 0%
  • Call a locksmith

10 52.63%
  • Slim Jim (anyone have one I can borrow?).

2 10.53%
  • Hanger.

6 31.58%
  • Shatter a front (door) window.

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Locked my keys in the car and haven't made a spare... what else is there to say?

What is the easiest way? I feel like an idiot, luckly I know how to break into my house .

Thanks,
    Eric

TurboSedan

Re: Locked my keys in the car and haven't made a spare... what else is there to say?

try a coat hanger and be patient. if that fails call a locksmith. i haven't had much luck with coathangers. i've done it before but it took forever.

Thanks

Re: Locked my keys in the car and haven't made a spare... what else is there to

break nothing. Many police departments will assist is reentering a locked vehicle. They use a air bladder that they slip between the door and frame and inflates to widen the gap. they they reach inside and unlock the door with a rod.

IF you must break a window, break one that moves... not one that will have to be glued in place. thats to say door glass. It is much easier to replace a moving window rather than the rear corner glass, which may still not be enough to get you inside.

BUILDER AND DESTROYER OF FINE(?) AMERICAN CARS.

Re: Locked my keys in the car and haven't made a spare... what else is there to say?

Go for the Hanger. I've used a hanger many a time to get into a car. These may be harder because the lock goes sideways, all the ones I've done are the pull up and down locks so I dunno

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 761 Posts

i have a spare key on the car, and i usually just don't lock the keys in there in the first place :-D
    '92 5 speed GTP - Mod list _____ '04 Grand Prix GT - Daily Driver

Yeah, I keep a spare in my wallet and a spare on a magnet box on my truck

Thanks

Take proof of ownership w/ your VIN number listed to a local GM dealer and have them cut you a new set of keys. I forget what they charge, but it isn't very much on our old style keys...

Or once you get into the car, take that one key and go get keys cut at a hardware store for a lot cheaper

Coat hanger to hit the power unlock button, which should be easy on a GP. If you need something more rigid, use a fixed mast antenna.
    Yeah, it's still on the road. 219,982 mi

Thanks

If you or someone you know has AAA they'll open it for free
    ♥ May 2007 COTM Winner ♥

1996 Monte Carlo LS [PARKED] 1992 Blazer 4WD 2004 Grand Prix GT2

Thanks

Call the fire department.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P
    Coat hanger to hit the power unlock button, which should be easy on a GP. If you need something more rigid, use a fixed mast antenna.
    So, if you dont like radio......you've killed two birds with one stone!
    Robby Whitesell
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT - 3500 V6

1985 Toyota Pickup DLX - 2WD - 2.4L I4

yeah screw FM
    Yeah, it's still on the road. 219,982 mi

Thanks

well first off HAHA...ive done this once. and it was at a rest in Northern Indiana an hour and a half away from home(coming home from the Michigan w meet last june actually)

i had to call a tow truck and he used a wedge on the top of the door, then stuck a long pole to move the lock to unlock. TOok him an hour to get there, but like 10 seconds to get the door unlocked. $35 later
    -Matt
    2000 Regal GS - 165k - 4" K&N, 3" OR D/P, Borla Pro-XS, AL104's
    2009 Impala LT - 44k - Wife's new DD
    2000 Grand Prix GT - 96k - L26, CAI -
    SOLD 4/9/11
    1994 Lumina Euro - 138k - Z34 grille, Monte Z34 16's, odds 'n' ends, Super Chevy award winner - SOLD 4/18/07

Thanks

Get a buddy and try to wedge the door open a little bit, and then get a coat hanger or attenna. That's what Ken and I did when we locked the key's in the Cutlass.

Tony.V
    1992 Lumina Z34 |3.4L 207ci DOHC 60 V6; Getrag 284|
    1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP |3.4L 207ci DOHC 60 V6; Hydra-Matic 4T60E|
    1999 Chrysler 300M |3.5L 214ci SOHC 60 V6; 42LE|

Visitors found this page by searching for:

HOW TO UNLOCK A PONTIAC G6

how to unlock a pontiac g6 without keys

how to slim jim a pontiac g6How to unlock pontiac g6how to break into a g6