Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks

Re: Broken Hood Release

Quote Originally Posted by joey b
    it won't be all that hard. Fasten the new cable to the old and just pull the old one out, which will at the same time feed the new one in.
    Ok how is that possible? Looking at the rubber/plastic housing around the cable, I'm not sure I can attach one to the other. If I could do that...OMFG that would save a HUGE amount of time from having to remove just about everything on the left side of the car.
    - Mike K.
    '94 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4AT - For Sale
    '00 Subaru Outback AWD 5MT - Soccer Mom Pimpin'
    '04 Mazda Mazda6s 5AT - Wife's

You have to replace the rubber housing as well. I think I just tied mine together and used a zip tie to keep it tied. The only trouble spot is when you go through the firewall. I pulled the old one out the front, thus feeding the new from the rear of the car towards the front. Go kinda slow cause it will get caught up but no major deal, just see where its caught and proceed. Should probably take 1 hour max from start to finish.
    <br />92 coupe and 93 vert LQ1&#039;s<br /><br />I own 2 so I have one to drive when the other breaks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joey b
    You have to replace the rubber housing as well. I think I just tied mine together and used a zip tie to keep it tied. The only trouble spot is when you go through the firewall. I pulled the old one out the front, thus feeding the new from the rear of the car towards the front. Go kinda slow cause it will get caught up but no major deal, just see where its caught and proceed. Should probably take 1 hour max from start to finish.
    That's what I thought. However, how did you deal with the areas where the hood release cable is clipped down? It runs over the radiator, down under the battery tray, under the window washer etc, and then through the firewall and under the carpet.
    - Mike K.
    '94 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 4AT - For Sale
    '00 Subaru Outback AWD 5MT - Soccer Mom Pimpin'
    '04 Mazda Mazda6s 5AT - Wife's

I don't think I fastened it down and wasn't worried about that being an issue.
    <br />92 coupe and 93 vert LQ1&#039;s<br /><br />I own 2 so I have one to drive when the other breaks

Thanks

I just ran it underneath various hoses and cables to keep it tied down. Doesn't really matter.
    1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE sedan

Visitors found this page by searching for:

pt cruiser hood latch

pt cruiser hood release broken

pt cruiser hood release

broken hood release oldsmobile

how to replace hood release cable pt cruiser