Mmmkay, so I've been away from the boards for a while. There's been a lot going on in my life away from the car scene that I've been dealing with/thinking about, but I was rudely awakened and forced to re-enter the realm of automotive mayhem recently, so here's an update...
The TGP, my only semi-functioning car at the moment, has been limping me to and from work the last few months. Well....a couple weeks ago, the radiator went on it. I could still drive it, but the constant filling of coolant was getting on my nerves. So, 2 weekends ago, I decided to dig up the radiator (from the TGP I parted out a few years back) out of my Public Storage space. I just HAD to have it in the furthest corner possible, buried by interior pieces. So anyway, I get it, and go to my friend's driveway to work on the swap (I live in an apt complex where working on cars isn't tolerated). Well....all was going smoothly till the dreaded tranny cooler lines. Some of you may have seen my post in the TGP section about these not cooperating. I had to cut through the top one, and the bottom fitting rounded out trying to get it off. So I had to wait till the following weekend to find a solution. Against the advice of 2 parts store employees (due to the "damn near impossible angles in the bends"), I decided to try custom bending the lines myself. To my surprise (and theirs), they actually came out pretty damn close.
I had also decided during the week that, since the radiator was out of the way, to tackle a few other things I've been meaning to get to......for the past year. Saturday, I replaced the plugs (NGK Iridiums), wires (Taylor 8mm red), coils (Delco), ICM (Delco), oil return line (bought off TGPilot), and cleaned off the negative ground for the batter cable. Sunday, I put the radiator in with the new lines, new lower heater hose, new thermostat, and new battery post bolts.
......MUCH better running/accelerating motor. It still has some issues to resolve, but the horrible vibrating + lack of acceleration I'd get when I pressed the pedal more than 1/4 of the way down is completely gone! Oh.....this may have had something to do with that....
Brian G discovered the splitting on the middle coil at our last w-body meet. I've been wanting to change them bad ever since, and removing the radiator, plus having a driveway for a weekend was just the excuse I needed to get my ass in gear and get it done! I'm so glad I finally did. I only wish I had done it sooner. The car still has a lot it needs, but I'm actually kind of excited about getting it done, now.
You now have all been briefed, and may resume your regularly scheduled activities.