A/C Vents dont blow air...

Okay.. 88 Cutlass Supreme. I have been going through this car system by system, getting it ready for the road. However, when I set the dash controls to turn the A/C vents on (or just vent mode), no air comes out of the dash. I hear the blower motor running, and the compressor comes on, but no airflow. I am not used to this type of system (I am used to Chryslers, which use vacuum switches). Any help appreicated.

Thanks

Is it coming out the floor?
    If so, check the small, hard plastic vacuum tube that runs along the driver side frame rail underhood. It often breaks around the battery area. It goes to a round vacuum globe under the battery (you can see it from under the car). It also T's off to the cruise control servo.

Anonymous

Hey Shawn, what if the heater won't switch from defrost BUT the cruise works? They both usually don't work when that line is busted.

Thanks

Joe - I have no idea! Maybe just a small leak that's enough to make the cruise hold? Or a bad checkvalve?

Anonymous

I haven't got to explore anything with this cold weather but when I figure it out I'll let you know what it was.

Thanks

in my old grand prix when i had the defrost problem, the cruise HALF workd. sometimes it would work fine, sometimes it wouldnt work at all, most of the times it would work, but the gas pedal would ever so slowly come up and id start loosing speeed. the resume/accel/coast functions never worked
    -Rob-&nbsp; <br />00 Protege ES 5 spd - busted trans mod removed in favor of working trans<br />96 Grand Prix L67/282 - Completed! For the most part my progress thread<br />[quote author=jake63]Kudos on the waking famous people burnout. I&#39;m sure it adds a certain extra level of pleasure to the casual everyday burnout![/quote]

Mine is similar to Ismellrealbad's Grand Prix. It works most of the time, but won't accelerate on an uphill stretch, no matter how slight. If it's level, it'll maintain the speed however. And all the Resume/Accel, etc. features do work.

My climate control is cranky at times. If I put it on dash vent, it won't switch right away, not until I coast and vacuum is being drawn. Then it switches to the floor when I give her some gas. With heat or A/C it's been like this since I got it. Got a little better after I changed the intake gaskets but it is still not right. Wifey's Euro Sedan works much better.

Did you ever find out why the Grand Prix did that?

Thanks

it had to have been a vacuum leak...cuz i never checked that ball in the fender area or the lines. i had no idea thats how the controls worked
    -Rob-&nbsp; <br />00 Protege ES 5 spd - busted trans mod removed in favor of working trans<br />96 Grand Prix L67/282 - Completed! For the most part my progress thread<br />[quote author=jake63]Kudos on the waking famous people burnout. I&#39;m sure it adds a certain extra level of pleasure to the casual everyday burnout![/quote]

Anonymous

My cruise seems to work the way it should though. It keeps speed on flats and going uphill. The resume works and I don't think I've tried the accel yet.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

ac vents dont blow air

ac vents dont work

02 chevy silverado ac vents

03 silverado ac blowing out defrost

2003 no air blowing out of vents just defrost