Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

tips for keeping off/washing away fly crap?

my Regal white and it seems to be quite the fly attractor. the thing was covered in fly shit so today i had some extra time and decided to give her a good warshing. 4 and a half hours later i was done and she looked beautiful--even tooks some pics which i'll upload eventually. but what i'm wondering is there any kind of soap or wash to use that repels flys and other insects.

also i'm gonna do a quick rewash and then wax tomorrow (didn't have time tonight). i'm wondering if i should just use my hands to rub the wax in or if i should use a wet rag.
    '98 Camaro

You use your hands to apply wax?

The only hope you have of repelling bugs is if your car is waxed really well. When you're driving fast bugs don't think to get out of the way. :P
    <br />[size=7pt]2003 Impala LS&nbsp; _&nbsp; Series II 3800 _ Completely stock with 5x,xxx miles[/size]<br />Leather and roof, clean as a whistle.<br />http://gmwbody.com

Thanks

What does fly shit look like? Does it smell?
    ♥ May 2007 COTM Winner ♥

1996 Monte Carlo LS [PARKED] 1992 Blazer 4WD 2004 Grand Prix GT2

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAD
    You use your hands to apply wax?
    i've never waxed before. my dad said that's what he always used on his camaro so i figured i could trust him but meh.
    &#039;98 Camaro

Thanks

wax is probably the best way to go, when you wax your car, paint will look and feel better, as well as clean up better.
    Jay

1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
    350/NV3500 5spd
    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS
    Stock - Daily Driver

Thanks

My friend uses PAM cooking spray...but that can't be good for the paint ,and it doesn't look so great either lol
    Jeff L. :: 2nd Canadian to win COTM The Preservation for POS W-bodies Canada Chapter
    2004 Acura TSX | 2.4L I4 iVTEC; 5 Speed Auto | 1 of Many Made In '04 | 89,XXXKM
    1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 | 3.1L 191ci 60 V6; 440T4 | 1 of 43,912 Made In '90 | 194,XXXKM
    1985 Mazda RX-7 S | 1.1L 70ci 12A Twin Rotor RE; 5spd | 1 of 63,105 Made in '85 | 130,XXXKM

Thanks

Well if your ever hungry, just grab some food and a torch and cook away! Dont have to worry about it sticking
    Jay

1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
    350/NV3500 5spd
    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS
    Stock - Daily Driver

Thanks

cover your car in vasaline!
    ♥ May 2007 COTM Winner ♥

1996 Monte Carlo LS [PARKED] 1992 Blazer 4WD 2004 Grand Prix GT2

i was also considering saran wrap.
    &#039;98 Camaro

BRA
    <br />[size=7pt]2003 Impala LS&nbsp; _&nbsp; Series II 3800 _ Completely stock with 5x,xxx miles[/size]<br />Leather and roof, clean as a whistle.<br />http://gmwbody.com

BRA
    EWWW Cars Dont have tits... I mean sometimes it looks okay... but most times... NO
    Friend To the impossible<br /><br />Best webcomic in the world www.explosm.net<br /><br />Somewhere between styling a car that looked more like a Cruise Missile than a sedan and dropping in a 32-valve, 250 hp, DOHC V8, the Aurora engineers broke the traditional rules for luxury-performance sedans, and got pulled over. Fortunately, however, they managaed to talk their way out of it. Lucky you. Aurora by Oldsmobile

It's the best solution to protect your vehicle if you have massive bug problem during the summer. Take it off in the fall/winter/spring.

Quote Originally Posted by solid_raiden223
    BRA
    EWWW Cars Dont have tits...
    My regal looks tits! (tits= Piece of shit)

Go get some turtle wax or mothers, it has Directions on the back. :shock:
    -Sean
    I think of the 2.8/3.1 as a housefly banging against a window pane. It keeps going non-stop or what seems like forever with very little power.
    regals have never done much for me. unless it is 88regallimited's regal that car kicks ass.

spent 3 hours wax the Regal yesterday. 'twas quite proud, only to wake up this morning and find it covered in shit. fucking flies. i'm seriously thinking of other ways to get most of the body a non-white color without repainting the door jams and other tough places. $400 might be worth a large descrease in black specs anihilating my car...
    &#039;98 Camaro

Visitors found this page by searching for:

how to clean fly poop

how to remove fly poop

fly poop on car

fly feces pictures

how to remove fly poop from car