Lightweight Sound Deadening Materials?

Are there any sound-deadening materials out there that are relatively lightweight? Standard Dynomat and other things I've seen like it are pretty heavy.

- Justin
    New Jersey F-Body Owners Association<br /><br />1991 Lumina 3.1 / 3spd Auto - hacked airbox, FFP dogbones - 17.4 @ 78.68<br /><br />1987 Camaro - 400sbc, Aluminum L98s, Comp XE 274, 750 DP, 3.23 posi, Dana 44 w/4.09s soon.

Well it's not called mass dampening for nothing..There are a few lighter weight materials but they do not work as good as the heavier ones..It all depends on what you are trying to acheive..
    If you are just wanting to reduce a particular buzz then only do that area..If you want to totally improve the acoustic enviroment then the best is to completely cover the interior metal surfaces..
    I have around 300sq ft of sound deadening material through out my car..
    Along with lead septum/foam pad as well as open and closed cell foams..

The best advice is to look into some of the spray type materials for dampening...

Thanks

For light wieght get some spray deadener.

Not sure how well it works though, but definately the lightest.

Drew
    ** Signature Picture Removed - Max Size is 600x150**<br />http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=69063.0<br /><br />http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/tdolla1331/at-migpcbanner.jpg

Thanks
    <br />tgp/ste part numbers<br />1990 STE turbo white/gray leather Power Roof <br />1996 Dakota 4x4 ext cab w/71 360ho<br />2000 Dakota Sport V8 4x4 ext cab on 32&quot; bfg&#39;s<br />1978 Coupe DeVille<br />&quot;Friends help you move, Good friends help you move bodies.&quot;

Well B quiet is one of my cars sponsors..I can not say enough about the quality of the extreme product..Does a great job and the adhesive is very agressive..I highly recommend the extreme product from them..Ask for Wade Galloway..He'll help you out..

Thanks for the help guys. I got a good deal on a box and pair of 10's to toss in the trunk, and I just want something to help keep the trunk rattle down. Dynomat is heavy and expensive, but this stuff looks pretty good.

- Justin
    New Jersey F-Body Owners Association<br /><br />1991 Lumina 3.1 / 3spd Auto - hacked airbox, FFP dogbones - 17.4 @ 78.68<br /><br />1987 Camaro - 400sbc, Aluminum L98s, Comp XE 274, 750 DP, 3.23 posi, Dana 44 w/4.09s soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veritasz34
    Well B quiet is one of my cars sponsors..I can not say enough about the quality of the extreme product..Does a great job and the adhesive is very agressive..I highly recommend the extreme product from them..Ask for Wade Galloway..He'll help you out..

And twice as cheap as dynamat when figuring cost per sq. feet.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/751503/1

Go to your local Lowes and find the roofing section, there's a stuff called Peel and Seal. Works wonders... Same stuff as Dynamat, it really isn't that heavy, and it is 1/4 the price probably. 12 bucks for 12.5 sq/ft
    &#039;02 VW Jetta.&nbsp; 1.9 Turbo Diesel (the new daily driver)<br />&#039;94 Cutlass Vert, 3.4&nbsp; Red with Black top (daily driver)<br />&#039;88 Mercury Cougar, 5.0 Twin Turbo, too much money in mods, Red (the fast car )

summit lists and thing called Tac Mat. says its lighter then dynomat and cost less to0
    ***Signature Deleted*** Max Picture Size 600 x 150 Pixels<br />Rules and Guidelines:<br />http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=69063.0<br /><br />http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/rshissler/2099930_81_full.jpg<br />1998 Pontiac Sunfire SE<br />1996 Eagle Talon ESI

Thanks

wal-mart sells some cheap scosche stuff now. its like 10 bucks for two 10" by 10" squares and its pretty light (wont work as well as dyanamat cause its not as heavy but that isnt what you seem to want
    1998 Buick Regal GS

1987 V10 (SM465/LT1-L31 TBI)
    1990 Grand Am (Duke/Isuzu)

Former w-bodies - 1996 GTP Special Edition, 1991 GTP 5-speed

Visitors found this page by searching for:

lightweight sound deadening car

lightweight sound deadening material

cheap auto sound deadening material

walmart sound deadening

best auto sound deadening material