Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks

Drop the subframe or pull the motor to change transmission

FWIW: The dealer pulled the tranny/motor out of the top and another shop dropped the subframe to do the trans in my cutlass.
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Roto-fab Intake, Superchips Cortex tune, Solo Axle-back Exhaust

Thanks

from what i understand i only have to remove 1/2 the subframe, which is the L shape on the drivers side rear, and then unbolt the tranny and all and she will slip right out. I just need to support the motor
    <br />2001 Chevy Impala LS

Thanks

i just removed the engine/trans and whole assembly from a 92 euro 3.4L i ended up cutting the tranny cooler lines and fuel lines, so it may not be the same for you, i didnt need those parts, i did alteast unbolt the a/c lines.

i removed the whole assembly at a u-pull-it in 4 hours using hand tools and crank jacks.

if i ever do it again, its all coming out the bottom again, very easy to do, i even removed the master cylinder and the radiator.

oh just to rub it in some of you guys faces, the whole assembly only cost $200 with 115k on it and ran excellent.

matthew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1234
    from what i understand i only have to remove 1/2 the subframe, which is the L shape on the drivers side rear, and then unbolt the tranny and all and she will slip right out. I just need to support the motor
    Thats right. i have worked with my friend and his dad (who owns a tranny shop) and have seen many a tranny come out of FWD vehicles (Mostly Fords and Chryslers). depending on the car, it will probably take about 1/2 an hour to remove and 3/4 to put back in.
    1989 Buick Regal GS Four Seater | 3.1L&nbsp; 440T4 |&nbsp; No Longer with a Black hood * For Sale come spring? *<br />1994 Chevy Silverado Z71 | 5.7 L&nbsp; 4L60 - E | 1 of a few<br />2000 Buick Regal LS | 3800 Series II&nbsp; 4T65-E| 1 of Many

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Regal_GS_1989
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1234
    Thats right. i have worked with my friend and his dad (who owns a tranny shop) and have seen many a tranny come out of FWD vehicles (Mostly Fords and Chryslers). depending on the car, it will probably take about 1/2 an hour to remove and 3/4 to put back in.
    Since you have to take everything off and put everything back on dont you think it would take more that a couple hours?

Banned
    Thanks

DAMN double posts :verymad:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HokemBokem
    Since you have to take everything off and put everything back on dont you think it would take more that a couple hours?
    Yea, but this is a tranny expert who has done this several times a day for over 15 years. And this is just to do a direct swap, without any major fuck ups. ie. breaking bolts.
    1989 Buick Regal GS Four Seater | 3.1L&nbsp; 440T4 |&nbsp; No Longer with a Black hood * For Sale come spring? *<br />1994 Chevy Silverado Z71 | 5.7 L&nbsp; 4L60 - E | 1 of a few<br />2000 Buick Regal LS | 3800 Series II&nbsp; 4T65-E| 1 of Many

Visitors found this page by searching for:

impala transmission removal

2001 chevy impala transmission removal

2001 impala transmission removal

2003 impala transmission removal

2002 impala transmission removal